Monday, January 11, 2010

for once a good idiotic movie... :)

well hmmm there is lot to say about the "3 idiots"
ok its official now there must be hardly a few hundreds who haven't yet caught the movie out of our billion population...once in a while comes a movie where the entire nation is forced to watch a movie even if u haven't then u are bombarded with reviews jokes,controversies etc.etc.etc...(you really must be an alien to not have know anything about this)
everyone has watched the movie and everyone agrees that it is a good movie

Hats off to RAJU HIRANI who took a mediocre book and transformed it into an exceptional movie. well i have no words to put for the appreciation for this man who completely transformed the story line and has so beautifully put it through the scenes and the characterization is just amazing.what is a little irritant is he didn't give due credit to CHETHAN BHAGAT. in his words "only 5%of the story is taken from the novel" well that is bullshit (don't mind my language it is necessary to use such a strong word) there are hardly a few pages left out of the book which didn't appear in the movie.so to clear the point all raju hirani has done is given a new (good)start and end to the story(without which the movie wouldn't have worked!!!).

THE new thing in the movie which wasn't there in book is the whole take on "the Education System" and maybe the makers of the movie were for sure successful in driving home a point and holding up a mirror . the point of gaining knowledge from our studies is the nagging thought which everyone carries home.
this movie has left everyone thinking about their degrees and passions and studies they took up.
it gives an assurance for an odd few people that they are not wrong when they gave a miss to "the rat race" and just wished to walk with their pace learning a lot more i guess.
well when aamir says that this college just produces only robots i don't see any wrong in that as the IT sector or CORPORATE does need so many robots to work for them.
THE ULTIMATE FEATHER TO THE CAP:
it made atleast one rat that i know to (finally!!)think again and realize(its stupidity...)well not sure about how that realization is going to change the rat(a distant dream i guess which again is shown in the movie chatur still remains the same)

A MOVIE WHICH CAN MAKE A IDIOT REALIZE IS WELL A GOOD IDIOTIC MOVIE I GUESS

AS FOR ME I AM HAVING A HEARTY LAUGH :D

6 comments:

  1. Loved the witty take on the movie. Though I didn't see it, hope that this movie makes for some mess with idiocy. Nice review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wont put the movie in my all time favs. It was a good movie no doubt

    And the post was well written. SO u venturing into movie reviews ,huh?

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes this is no doubt is a good movie...nicely expressed :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have read an umpteen of the same movie reviews,but thanks for keeping it short and sweet...:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well I saw the movie sometime back and was just interested in knowing what other had to say..so read your views on it..

    Yes I do agree to the point that its a relatively good movie..esp when you compare it romantic flicks..with a typical bollywood touch..

    I mean it has a moral..and its well defined..friendship, education system..love..it has its take on everything..

    But I guess I would never rate its as "The Movie"..

    Re your comments on Mr Bhagat..Success has many followers..his name was there in rolling credits..and hell everyone knows its inspired by your book..so wat else do you want..maybe a cameo..

    Personally I preferred the book..was able to connect to it better..

    Having said this I would commend your post..great post..and good review....

    So aspiring to be a critic..Am sure you would do great..loved the flow of post..

    My first time here an i really loved your posts..great work..will be waiting for more..

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. @DayDreamer :
    thanks for your comment. hope you enjoy reading further.. :)

    ReplyDelete

hey!!!! go ahead ...write the first thing that comes to your mind :) :)