Saturday, April 9, 2016

snapshot-3 Breakfast

I was running late to office which is a norm for me but when i say late I mean extremely late. Yup i am working on it trying to stick to my time sense anyway, i decided to have breakfast in the bus and thus save some grace at office. How would I look when i am late and running off to breakfast as soon as i enter office.

Phew.. I really need to work on my time sense. Luckily i was carrying chapati rolls for breakfast that day (my version of the quick bread jam breakfast , spread my mom's chutni pudi on chapatis and roll it up.)

I got on the bus and waited for it to start. usually i would have been very conscious of eating in a bus but when you are late nothing matters i guess. I wished that the seat besides me should stay empty and that way i can enjoy my breakfast without any disruption. Just when i thought that an old lady with a small kid came and sat besides me.

The Bus started , having no other option I opened my box. As soon as i opened it the kid turned towards me and put his hand forward. I broke the chapati and gave him half a roll. He slowly started munching on it and i started to munch on mine. The old lady looked at him and nodded disapprovingly.

As i hurriedly swallowed the rest of my breakfast I kept thinking on what happened moments ago.

This sharing of breakfast felt like the most natural thing in the world. Even my nephew would have demanded it in a same way.

We are born innocent and as we grow we start building walls around us(rather we are taught to build wall either by parents or by experience). We start applying labels and judging things.How I wish that didn't happen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

hey!!!! go ahead ...write the first thing that comes to your mind :) :)