Friday, August 17, 2018

A city called Bangalore!!!


As the train chugs along I notice the passing board "Bangalore East" .24 hours journey is almost about to end, we are here and yet we still need to pass "Bangalore cant" and finally "SBC".

This summer I am determined to explore and unreveal the mystery of this city.

Kinjal's question was still lingering in my thoughts
"Have you seen the palace?".
"Yes the Mysore palace is really beautiful" I had replied.
"Oh no...not the Mysore palace.I am talking about Tipu palace".
Was there really a Tipu palace in Bengaluru? I wondered and replied a simple "No".
Bengaluru meant "Doddamma in Gandhi bazar" ,Chikkamma in Jayanagar ,Chikktatha in JP Nagar.

Masala dosa in MTR.,Shopping in avenue road, Masala puri and floating Pani Puri.

As the train reached the station,I was determined to explore all the places starting from Tipu palace. How can one be a native of a city and yet not have visited any of the iconic places which every tourist visited.

Years later as my flight landed at Kempegowda international airport and I was waiting to collect my language. My daughter wondered aloud "Mom can we visit the Iskon Temple ,Google says it is the most beautiful temple in the city?"
I nodded and smiled as I realized "Cities are made of loved ones not the must see places"
I couldn't wait to meet my mother and sister who were waiting at the arrivals.

No comments:

Post a Comment

hey!!!! go ahead ...write the first thing that comes to your mind :) :)