My post is based on a recent post written by fellow blogger friend JON.
the post is titled "Manly enough" LINk to entire post
the post is about a guy who writes an email to everyone asking the person who broke his helmet lock to come forward and say sorry and also pay him for the new helmet lock.
he writes the mail with the logic that if he is manly enough to break the lock then he should be a man and accept his mistake.....
Everyone is laughing their heads off over the email of that guy...and even Jon wrote the post with a good intention that his readers can have a few laughs too !!!!!!!!!!!
But the only catch is i didn't find it funny.....infact i had to read it a few times to find out what is that people are finding funny and laughing at.....
maybe i am really naive and too innocent (which i believ i am not )
it was only after reading the comments that i really understood what was so funny to everyone....
the fact that a guy was asking a wrongdoer to have the courage to accept his mistake and take responsibility for his actions....
everyone thinks such an expectation is truly absurd!!!!!!!
is that because we are so used to hearing lies and are so used to being lied?????
is it because every time we make mistakes it is better to hide it????
is it because we never are willing to accept that we have done something wrong????
is it coz it is easy to ran away than face the consequences of our mistakes?????
is the concept of truth so alien in our practical life?????
In olden days a man became supreme by his virtues,morals,honesty, courage and braveness
but in today's world if we are supposed to achieve great heights we should know how to deceive a customer into believing something which is not true....the ability to tackle so called issues which arise due to our own mistakes by paying as less as possible...by constantly trying to blame others for everything tat has gone wrong...being bold enough to say a lie so aloud that it becomes true..ability to hide the ugly stuff...
I am no saint to judge the world...its just that i am scared to think
that there may come a day when if someone happened to say "i love my children" or someone says 'i really love my mom and dad"
And the world might again end up laughing!!!!!!!
I am not favorable for idiolize the olden days...
ReplyDeleteAnyways whatever you raised is very valid and thoughtful
Even then i would doubt the practicality of purity in every day life
I read the post on the link you gave and even I chuckled at the thought. Can't explain if it is coz I have become that immune to the lack of truth and honesty, or just coz I'm able to disassociate that piece as a one-off incident and not judge it by its impact on society.
ReplyDeleteLike there have been situations when I have laughed at racist jokes, and trust me, I'm not racist by a large margin. But the joke worked on me. Doesn't make sense ha? Even I'm not re-reading the comment. Will just post it anyways. Guess this is a classic case of "funda kuch zyada ho gaya na" ;)