Remember those days when tears welled up in your eyes and suddenly you would start crying because you lost a silly game.
Suddenly all the elders would rush to you and console you saying,hey it is just a game or maybe offer you a sweet or chocolate in the hope of pacifying you.
Now when i think about it, I realize that it is usually not about winning the game or getting a first prize. when we are playing all we can think about is giving it our best shot and doing everything in our means to be the best.So when you end up loosing, you feel terrible not because you lost but because your best efforts failed you.
When we truly want something and try our best at it, failing hurts like hell but with each lost game there is a tiny confidence which comes in. Confidence that next time I will win for I will always give each game my best shot.
And at the end of the day you realize it never really is about winning or loosing, it is all about enjoying the game by giving it your best shot.
I have noticed that, when we lose, its not because we have not given our best, its because but the other person is better than us by a few points :)
ReplyDelete