Sunday, October 11, 2015

To love or to fear???



It was yet another consultation, with  another swami/astrologer and one more pooja to do or an offering to make. Once this was done, there was a new date given. Its just a matter of three months, by this diwali it will all work it out. Its only matter of time your daughter will get married, the guy will be found in next six months. She will have a good life.

Being a silent spectator I only agreed with one thing, indeed I would have a good life there was no doubt in that.

Some time later a small  fight would start cooking in the house.I would refuse to go anywhere, visit any temple or do any pooja.

I hated the idea of it. Not that I didn't believe in God.I hated the idea because I believed in my God, because I had faith in my God.

It was utter nonsense to think that God will only help find my life partner if I do some pooja.My plea would go to deaf ears, and every time it would be the last pooja we would do.

When we can believe some human who can predict that I will get married, why does our faith fail in God. Why would it be difficult for anyone to believe that God will take care of my every need.


Is it not our lack of faith in God that makes us do a bargaining deal with him to get what we want.

Just as we don't bargain for things with our parents for things we need.. We need not beg in front of God.


Wouldn't it be a better relationship if we love God for who he is, instead of making him a selfish guy who will grant you things only when he would be appeased, or instead making him a devil who will punish you if you don't follow things.

Fear and greed creeps in only when there is lack of faith. Faith can move mountains and love can enlighten the whole world. Where you put your faith and whom you trust decides the path that you walk on.

I find it easier to love God , for in him I see my guide , my friend and my everything. I rather fight with him than fear him. 








No comments:

Post a Comment

hey!!!! go ahead ...write the first thing that comes to your mind :) :)